Thursday, February 21, 2008

I Am Handsome and Successful

I've lived and traveled to many different cities and towns and find it remarkable how easy it is to find someone selling sex. The pricing and availability can vary greatly, but you can almost always find it in any town with a population of at least 100,000. The internet has certainly made it much, much easier to find working girls, and I think it has made a profound impact on the number of streetwalkers. I don't think all of the girls that used to be streetwalkers have placed ads on Craigslist or elsewhere, though. I used to live in a big city with a ton of streetwalkers when I was in my early twenties, and the majority of them would not get enough calls on Craigslist to feed or support themselves, in my opinion.

I've been married for close to 20 years now and have seen prostitutes off and on for the past 17 years. The first few years were pretty lean, and we did have sex on occasion. Our sex life has stopped. Completely. It's been over two years since I've had anything that would resemble sex with my wife, and this isn't the first time we've had a "dry spell." It wasn't uncommon for us to go six months without it, and my frustration and desire would eventually lead me to look elsewhere. Without being too egocentric, I am handsome and successful. Women at work and elsewhere do make passes at me, and I don't think it would be difficult at all to have affairs, but I actually don't want to cheat and hurt others.

Her working name is Adrianna, and she works at a massage studio in the city where I live. The first time I saw her, she was only 20 (I'm 39) and very, very attractive. Giving her a massage gives me the chance to fully appreciate her beautiful figure, soft tan skin, and be able to have a quiet conversation with her. She tells me about the birthday party her three-year-old went to over the weekend and how poorly behaved the other parents acted in the part of town where she lives. I can only partially relate, since my three-year-old is sheltered in my wealthy community in suburbia.

If Adrianna doesn't enjoy the sex we have, she surely should get an Academy Award. I've been with more than my fair share of prostitutes, both high priced ($500-plus) to streetwalker blowjobs ($20), and she is the best at making me feel that this was a mutually enjoyable session. Reflecting afterwards, I daydream about being the Richard Gere to her Pretty Woman. She is so easy going and pleasant without the rough edges (at least visible for an hour at a time) that I could see having my multi-millionaire lifestyle lavish her with love and affection.